Growing with The Asia pacific
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making progress possible and driving positive and sustainable change on every continent. With 2011 sales and revenues of US$60.1 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company is also a leading services provider through Caterpillar Financial Services, Caterpillar Remanufacturing Services, Caterpillar Logistics Services and Progress Rail Services. We are looking for a suitably qualified professional to fill the following positions:
Logistics Supervisor SG21 120004RH
Batam (Kepulauan Riau)
Batam (Kepulauan Riau)
As Logistics Supervisor at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to supervise personnel engaged in ensuring parts are received, processed, packaged, stored, picked and delivered to manufacturing operations in an efficient, safe, timely manner meeting company standards and specifications.The job is also responsible for continuously improve the processes by establishing standards, policies and practices related to area quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises the material receiving & distribution processes and ensure the inventory record accuracy.
- Determines processing needs to assure adequate tooling and equipment are provided and daily maintenance is implemented.
- Manages the material flow to the production floor and ensures material distribution in a timely and efficient manner.
- Determines material handling work priorities on a daily basis to meet the production requirements.
- Schedules and manages the on-job training of the new hires and ensure effectiveness.
- Manages the area employees’ compliance of established safety standards, policy and practices to ensure safety operation.
- Takes leadership in area annual re-certification process and support the area CI projects and achieving the goals of the area quality metrics for annual re-certification.
- Manages the area expense within the budgeted amounts.
- Bachelor degree in Science or Engineering or extensive experience in logistics/manufacturing environment.
- This position requires a good knowledge of material distribution and inventory management and familiarity with assembly/fabrication line operations, equipments and processes.
- Prior experience in SAP (or equivalent) system application, operation planning and manufacturing is preferable.
- Candidates must demonstrate good interpersonal skills and customer focus; must be a team player to deal with others with various backgrounds.
- Being able to communicate in both written and oral English is a must.