Caterpillar’s Manufacturing Engineer 2 position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in manufacturing. In addition, Manufacturing Engineers function as a specialist and subject matter expert for technical planning throughout a manufacturing facility.
Manufacturing Engineers perform the following job functions:
- Analyze requirements and make recommendations for facility systems, processes, training, equipment needs, and engineering product designs;
- Complete both specialized and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions;
- Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies to define desired results, assess value proposition and determine project plans;
- Analyze, provide specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement machine tools;
- Perform capital forecasting correlation and reporting as it relates to new product introduction, product capacity increases, machine replacement and process continuous improvement;
- Perform process improvement activities to reduce material and machining cost;
- Analyze tooling failures and evaluate tool characteristics and requirements;
- Improve space utilization in manufacturing and office spaces; and
- Develop and implement assembly processes in line with Caterpillar standard processes.
- University or technical school degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline;
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts;
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing engineering-related experience; and
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment; and
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity, excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location - Indonesia-Riau-Batam-BATAM01-Batam, Indonesia