Growing with The Asia pacific
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making progress possible and driving positive and sustainable change on every continent. With 2011 sales and revenues of US$60.1 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company is also a leading services provider through Caterpillar Financial Services, Caterpillar Remanufacturing Services, Caterpillar Logistics Services and Progress Rail Services. We are looking for a suitably qualified professional to fill the following positions:
Batam (Kepulauan Riau)
Caterpillar’s Section Managers lead teams and supervise people in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and improve shop floor safety, aggressively eliminating unsafe processes;
- Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules;
- Determines priorities and sequences jobs;
- Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staff to meet flow and customer requirements;
- Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate;
- Ensures production material is procured and distributed to meet production schedules;
- Increases production efficiency through continuous improvement and waste elimination;
- Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule;
- Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others; and
- Evaluates, assess, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training.
- Section Value Stream Mapping;
- Actively deploys section value stream improvements;
- Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles;
- Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members;
- Drives root cause corrective action projects and continuous improvement;
- Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics; and
- Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures.
- University or technical school degree in a Manufacturing-related degree;
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts; and
- Good language, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Previous experience leading teams and supervising people;
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.