Growing with The Asia pacific
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making progress possible and driving positive and sustainable change on every continent. With 2011 sales and revenues of US$60.1 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-eleOtric locomotives. The company is also a leading services provider through Caterpillar Financial Services, Caterpillar Remanufacturing Services, Caterpillar Logistics Services and Progress Rail Services. We are looking for a suitably qualified professional to fill the following positions:
Batam (Kepulauan Riau)
Caterpillar’s Manufacturing Engineer 2 position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in manufacturing. In addition, Manufacturing Engineers function as a specialist and subject matter expert for technical planning throughout a manufacturing facility.
Manufacturing Engineers perform the following job functions:
- Analyze requirements and make recommendations for facility systems, processes, training, equipment needs, and engineering product designs;
- Complete both specialized and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions;
- Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies to define desired results, assess value proposition and determine project plans;
- Analyze, provide specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement machine tools;
- Perform capital forecasting correlation and reporting as it relates to new product introduction, product capacity increases, machine replacement and process continuous improvement;
- Perform process improvement activities to reduce material and machining cost;
- Analyze tooling failures and evaluate tool characteristics and requirements;
- Improve space utilization in manufacturing and office spaces; and
- Develop and implement assembly processes in line with Caterpillar standard processes.
- University or technical school degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline;
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts;
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing engineering-related experience; and
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment; and
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.