Location : Batam, ID 29432
Education : Bachelors Degree
# of Hires Needed : 1
Job Title : Environmental Specialist
Job Description :
This shall include, but not limited to the following :
- Evaluate monthly status/performance of the division/project environmental objective and targets.
- Update and monitor the action tracking syatem to ensure prioritization, effective follow-up and implementation of actions resulting from inspection, and result
- Assess compliance in accordance with government, client, JRM, environmental legal requirement and waste requirement.
- Evaluate implementation of waste minimization program workforce.
- Investigate waste recycling opportunities
- Coordinate in preparing the 6 month environmental monitoring report to BAPEDAL.
- Prepare quarterly environmental self assessment performance (ESAP) and provide copy to corporate environmental manager in houston.
- Provide coordination between the water producers and waste subcontractor.
- Arrangement of laboratory visits for monitoring air, wastewater, water and B3 waste.
- Prepare environment method statements subject to approval by HSES manager / asia pacific and batam HSES manager whenever necessary.
- Preparation and amendment of level II & III environmental procedures subject to approval by HSES manager / asia pacific and batam HSES manager
- Update and maintain the environmental local regulation and JRM procedures.
- Assist in monitoring implementation of pollution prevention measures required by the project, level II, and client requirements and report deviation to HSES manger / asia pacific and batam HSE manager.
- Provide assistance to training department in preparation of training material aimed at protection of environment.
- Participate in internal and external environmental audits conducted on company project procedures and client requirements.
- Participate in health, safety and environmental committees.
- Provide timely information regarding environmental issue of the division, project regarding findings of internal and external audits.
- Provide timely coordination regarding implementation of JRM, Project environmental requirements whenever necessary.
- Conduct regular environmental inspection.
- Control and maintain the list of B3 storage inventory.
- Control and maintain the spill kits.
- Provide information on environmental protection awareness for TBSM, HSE newsletter or bulletin issue.
- Observe any deviation practice against the environmental regulation and requirement in the facility.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the HSES manager and asia pacific HSES manager.
- Liaise with Governments on environmental matters as directed or required.
- High standard of safe working practice, quality and productivity as well as compliance with the code of business conducts.
Job Type : Regular
Date Required : 9/15/2012
- Familiar with ISO 14001 requirement and the application in oil and gas construction business field
- Understand in waste management, spil response plan, dangerous goods handling and familiar with labelling code standards
- Familiar with offshore environmental management syatem
Job Function - Discipline : Health Safety Environment and Security-Environment
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Credit to : mcdermott.mua.hrdepartment.com