A quantity surveying practice in Singapore with offices throughout Asia is looking for talented and dynamic people to join our growing team who are committed to providing our clients with a service that exceeds their expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check the progress construction works and report to the Project Manager / Consultant in advance of site meeting.
- Anticipate work and ensure that all necessary drawings and information are available on site.
- Ensure that all amended drawings are updated, recorded and issued accordingly and superseded drawings removed.
- Examine and co-ordinate all production information issued including shop drawings prepared by the Main Contractor and sub-contractors and the suppliers to ensure that no discrepancies remain to be resolved before work can proceed.
- Monitor, Check and Inspect all construction and testing works, to ensure that the required standards of quality and accuracy of work and materials are maintained as per specifications and requirements.
- Issue site directions in respect of variations arising on site that are within the basic design of the Project but do not affect cost or time and report to the Project Manager / Consultant who will arrange the issuance of a confirmed Engineer’s instructions when appropriate.
- Report to the Project Manager / Consultant, any conditions arising from or requested by the Contractor which will involve a variation in cost and time.
- Review & approve all method statement, mill certs, design mix, test report, etc issued by contractor and to keep the Project Manager / Engineer informed.
- Co-ordinate with the other parties involved in relations to construction works on site.
- Supervise the team of RTOs.
- Keep a diary of significant events and necessary site records, test reports etc and copy to Project Manager /Consultant or others as directed.
- Recognized Degree / Diploma in Civil Engineering/M&E/Project Management.
- 5 to 7 years experience in building construction industry.
- Must be able to lead a team of RTOs.
- Knowledge in design, construction experience in building, civil works and M & E works.
- Possess high level of integrity, excellent and strong leadership skills.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of relevant authorities’ requirements, rules, standards and regulations.
- Able to read, write and speak in English.
- Must be computer literacy.
- To be base in Batam, Indonesia
We offer an opportunity to be part of a progressive practice within a challenging environment. If you are interested in pursuing a career with us and meet the above requirements, please forward your resume, educational certificates with a recent passport-size photo together with details of your current remuneration, expected salary and contact telephone number to:
Director (Human Resources)
Langdon & Seah Project Management Pte Ltd
1 Magazine Road, Central Mall, #05-01, Singapore 059567
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.)