This position is based in Anambas and may extensively travel to Jakarta. The primary responsibility of the Anambas Marine Protected Area (MPA) Coordinator is leading the facilitation process for the establishment of a fully functioning Anambas National Marine Park (Kawasan Konservasi Perairan Nasional Anambas), in collaboration with CI Indonesia main partners including but not limited to national and local governments, community, private sectors, and non-government organizations.
The MPA Coordinator is also responsible to generate broad stakeholders support for the KKPN Anambas, oversee facilitation process of the the gazettement and implementation process including designation of zonation systems and overall management plans, and design a long-term sustainable financing plan for the MPA. The Anambas MPA Coordinator will work under the supervision of Marine Program Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Socialize the benefit of fisheries and non-extractive economic benefits of KKPN Anambas to all stakeholder Anambas and surrounding area, in cooperation with our main conservation partners and utilizing both formal courses and other outreach media
- Facilitate necessary activities to reach the objective of establishing a functional functioning Anambas National Marine Park (Kawasan Konservasi Perairan Nasional Anambas) including gazettement process, advocate policy to support MPA gazettement, and designation of MPA zoning system
- Facilitate the process of and provide technical assistance to stakeholders to develop long-term management plan and management structure of proposed KKPN Anambas
- Facilitate the process to attain broad agreement on management body of the MPA
- Provide technical assistance and facilitate the development of local capacity to manage KKPN Anambas
- Facilitate the development of sustainable financing scenario for the proposed MPA
- Prepare regular reports on the progress of proposed MPA establishment and implementation.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree and/or at least 5 years working experience on facilitating the process of MPA establishment, coastal and marine conservation management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong technical command of fisheries benefits of MPAs
- Strong ability to manage group process and dynamics
- Ability to work with teams
- Good command of English (speaking, reading and writing)
- Ability to write reports
- Knowledge/understanding of local cultural setting
- Passionate with field works and able to meet project deadlines often under difficult circumstances.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a current resume and cover letter addressing the required skills and capabilities (no more than 3 pages) by APPLY VIA JOBSDB.
Closing date for the application is 21st November 2012
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
For more information about CI, please visit our web: www.conservation.or.id | http://www.conservation.org
Credit to : JobsDB