The successful candidate will work within an integrated team to support the reservoir field teams.
The following roles and responsibilities are envisaged.
- Provide detailed depositional models within a regional sequence stratigraphical framework. Provide a range of geological models (constrained by both static and dynamic data) for uncertainty analysis and alternative outcomes.
- Integrating geological work with geophysical and reservoir engineering analysis to provide unified interpretations.
- Generation of static uncertainty ranges and understanding their impact on dynamic simulation.
- Identification and definition of incremental opportunities (eg sidetracks/new wells).
- Actively participate in the well planning process to optimize well locations using all geological and geophysical data.
- Input into life of field surveillance plans.
- Participate in the formulation of Reserves Support Packages.
- Input into the generation of appraisal plans for future developments.
Reporting to: Senior Geologist
Direct Report: N.A
- University Geo science degree.
- 8+ years relevant experience in oil/gas industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to network with other parts of the organization.
- Skillful application of standard geological software suite (especially Petrel).\
- A good grounding in Geoscience is required along with any of the broader Geoscience skills, including structural geology, petroleum systems, integrated sedimentology-stratigraphy reservoir architecture, uncertainty analysis and reservoir geophysics.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to work across assets and interact effectively with a broad range of technical specialists and partners are necessary, as is the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team (reservoir engineers, geophysicists, geologists and drilling engineers) to create integrated products and the ability to communicate results and interpretations to management.
- In addition to the essential qualifications, the successful candidate will likely be able to demonstrate experience of field development including: reservoir description, geological interpretation, well data integration, and reservoir management, operations, well planning & optimization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via phone/ email