- Analyzing available reservoir engineering data: well tests, pressure data, PVT, core etc. from discovery, appraisal and development wells, to be used as the basis for the reservoir modelling.
- Working with the development geologist to incorporate the geological model into the reservoir simulation model.
- Building and running simulation model.
- Liaising with the development geophysicist and development geologist to optimise the reservoir model, the subsurface development plan and selecting appraisal and development well locations.
- Working with DG, Operations Geologist and Drilling group on well designs, logging, casing and coring and testing programs.
- Liaise with the development geologist while drilling the development wells and advising on any changes to the program that may be required as a result of unexpected geological events.
- Monitoring production data during the field life and working with operations personnel to optimise field production rates and recovery.
- Presenting to JV partners and Petrovietnam and establishing good working relationships with them.
- Mentoring junior staff
- BSc in appropriate engineering or earth sciences subject
- MSc in Petroleum Engineering or similar is highly regarded
- Membership of professional and industry bodies
Skills (and experience)
- Proficient in the use of reservoir simulators, material balance and well test programs.
- Experience with Eclipse, MBal and Saphir is preferred.
- Minimum 15 years as a reservoir engineer
- Fluent English, Vietnamese skills are valued
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via phone/ email