Hatch – We’re engineers. We’re consultants. We’re project and construction managers.
Hatch is a privately owned, multi-disciplinary professional services company, serving the mining, metallurgical, energy and infrastructure sectors. Our focus is on helping clients assess, plan, build and operationalise their most strategic investments—and deliver tangible value to all their stakeholders.
Established in Canada in 1955, we have grown to a team of more than 11,000 professionals, spread across the globe in 65 offices, with more than $35 billion in projects currently under management.Job Description
The Gorgon project is one of the largest LNG projects in the World. The Downstream section of the project is being undertaken by the Kellogg Joint Venture (comprising Clough, HATCH, KBR, JGC). HATCH as part of the KJV-G delivering the downstream section of this project is looking to fill key positions.
Currently there is an immediate opportunity for an HSE Superintendent to be based at the PTMI, Fabrication Yard located in Batam, Indonesia. This role offers the ability to be a part of a significant project and play an instrumental part in a results based project team.
The HSE Superintendant is a specialist member of the Gorgon Project Fabrication Yard Team and reports directly to Batam Fabrication Yard Site Manager.
He/She must possess the H&S skills to work closely with the Contractor H&S team to ensure project HES requirements are delivered and superior H&S performance is attained.. The key challenge is to develop, coach and mentor contractor HES teams to attain superior HES performance.
Desired Skills & Experience
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with and monitor Contractor work activities and verify project H&S standards are being adhered to.
- Visits work sites regularly to observe construction activities, assess safety systems and processes, champions the Site Safety Culture and the Incident and Injury Free processes
- Conducts and document regular HSE inspections. Undertake H&S inspections of equipment and work areas with participation with line management.
- Provide coaching to contractor line management and H&S personnel on project H&S requirements.
- Participates in development of Job Hazard Analyses for Fab Yard activities
- Attends and participates in Company and contractor safety, pre-job meetings
- Participate and encourage reporting and correction of hazards
- Participates in scheduled H&S audits
- Participates (and leads) incident investigations using Project approved tools (Level 1, 5-Why and Level 2, RCA)
- Provide timely feed back on incident investigation outcomes and completed action items.
- Support Line Management and Contractor to maintain operations in full compliance with all relevant laws, codes, standards and company policies and procedures.
- Works with construction supervisors to assure that implementation of new and existing procedures complies with applicable standards.
- Identifies HES improvement opportunities
- Compile safety bulletins and other reports as necessary.
- Promote an Incident and Injury Free culture
- The ability to build successful relationships and trust when working in a challenging environment.
- Effective communication, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a HSE Adviser /Superintendant
- Cert/Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety (or equivalent)
- Major project or heavy industry sector experience (Fabrication Yard preference)
Credit to : LinkedIN