Growing with The Asia pacific REGION...
For more than 80 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been building the world’s infrastructure and, in partnership with its worldwide dealer network, is driving positive and sustainable change on every continent. Caterpillar is a technology leader and the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, and industrial gas turbines.
We are looking for a suitably qualified professional to fill the following position:
Buyer (Job Number:120006EB)
Batam (Kepulauan Riau)
As a Buyer, you will provide purchasing solutions expertise using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management (QCLDM) to deliver maximum value in developing, communicating, and/or implementing site, regional, or occasional worldwide sourcing strategies for specific Caterpillar business unit. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute your expertise to drive:
- Strategic guidance (understand the current supplier base, the evaluation of strategic options, a course of action, and beginning implementations);
- Team leadership (guiding decisions on sourcing, logistics, and resource management, as well as continuous process improvement and team-member mentorship);
- Intelligent problem-solving & customer support solutions (determining how to best satisfy Critical Customer Requirements while sustaining competitive advantage); and
- Quality supplier relationships (developing mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers throughout the organization).
- Managing policies, agreements, source catalogues, and special purchasing programs;
- Supporting specific Product line(s)’ New Product Introduction (NPI) programs; and the liaison with the corresponding Category/Platform based Buyers.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following required selection criteria:
- An undergraduate degree from a college or university – or equivalent experience in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, and/or engineering
- Experience leading projects as well as leading teams, suppliers, & customers to effective solutions;
- 6 to 8 years of experience in handling Indirect Materials/Services procurements for a medium or large scale manufacturing facility is required.
- Indirect Materials /Services includes but not limited to sourcing of categories related to Manufacturing Materials, MRO (Maintenance, Repair, & Operation), Tooling, Construction, Capital Machinery and of Services like Telecom, IT, Transportation and Facility & Process Maintenance.
- Willingness to travel up to 25-50% of work time as needed
- Fluency (able to read, write and speak) in English.
Credit to : Jobstreet