Follow CAREERBATAM.COM on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIN
Apply via Company website
Closing date: 15 Aug 2013
Credit to : CAT
Follow us on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIN
For more than 80 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been building the world’s infrastructure and, in partnership with its worldwide dealer network, is driving positive and sustainable change on every continent. Caterpillar is a technology leader and the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, and industrial gas turbines.
We are looking for a suitably qualified professional to fill the following position:
As a Logistics Supervisor at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to supervise personnel engaged in ensuring parts are received, processed, packaged and stored in an efficient, safe, timely manner meeting company standards and specifications.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Supervising various locations in the parts department including order filling and shipping, loading and unloading material, systems related grief resolution and storage of material.
* Supervising hourly personnel to ensure completion of assignments in a timely manner.
* Ensuring that parts are received, packaged and stored in an efficient, safe, timely manner.
* Ensuring an effective work force by assigning, directing and motivating employees.
* Ensuring key performance matrix deliverables are achieved.
* Enforcing company policies and procedures while abiding by the company/union contract.
* Training and development of hourly personnel.
* Knowledge of various operating, purchasing, parts ordering and inventory management systems, warehousing; the ability to read blueprints; familiarity with engineering data systems an advantage, as well as packaging and pricing knowledge.
* Minimum diploma or equivalent, preferable bachelor degree in logistics/supply chain management/industrial engineering.
* Three to five years of job-related experience. Preferably experienced in position as senior supervisor or assitance manager.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
* Fluent in Englisht, both speaking and writting is mandatory.
* Familiar with SAP R3 WM modules.
* 6 sigma certified is an advantage
* Hold rigging certification is an advantage
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity, excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Unposting Date- Aug 15, 2013, 10:59:00 PM
Primary Location- Indonesia-Riau-Batam
Credit to : CAT