For more than 80 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been building the world’s infrastructure and, in partnership with its worldwide dealer network, is driving positive and sustainable change on every continent. Caterpillar is a technology leader and the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, and industrial gas turbines.
We are looking for a suitably qualified professional to fill the following position:
LOGISTIC CENTER MANAGER
Logistics Center Manager (Job Number: 130008RU)
As a Logistics Center Manager, you will manage a Logistics Team to ensure efficient, high degree of customer satisfaction and timely processing and distribution of parts for the manufacturing plant operations. Direct reports typically may include Distribution Supervisor, Assistant Manager, HR Assistant, Operations Support Staff, Office Supervisor, and/or Administrative Office Assistant. This position is primarily responsible for meeting manufacturing plant logistics needs, managing client relationships and achieving cost & profitability objectives while providing leadership focused on a positive work culture.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing operations to ensure client service levels and financial targets (costs, budgets, variable margin and before-tax profit) are achieved. Managing distribution operation processes which include but are not limited to receiving, storage, kitting, sub-assembly, order filling, packing, shipping, inventory counts, returns and related functions to provide shipping and receiving accuracy and inventory reconciliation.
- Working with management team to develop/review operational procedures and quality plans to ensure the operation complies with local government requirements. Developing and implementing operations changes to reduce costs and/or improve efficiency. Providing direction and guidance for continuous quality improvements, develops and implements operation changes to reduce costs and/or improve efficiency utilizing 6 Sigma methodology and resources.
- Working with HR manager, when appropriate, to recruit, select, develop and train staff. Preparing SMART goal objectives. If operating in a union facility, partnering with HR manager to participate in labor contract negotiations and administer that agreement with the hourly workforce. If non-Union facility, working closely with HR Assistant, Corporate HR to advance positive management initiatives. Promoting/supporting day-to-day operational and safety issues with support of management team. Purchasing and maintaining equipment and vehicles and purchases office and storeroom supplies.
- Developing and managing within the annual Business Plan to meet client needs and satisfaction, ensuring contractual performance standards are met and financial targets including Sales, Profit, Availability and ROA are achieved. Building a relationship with the client(s) and the community. Becoming a strategic business partner and growing/developing his/her facility in line with Integrated Logistics Services strategies/vision.
* University degree or equivalent experience and a broad background in all aspects of warehouse operations
* Good human relations and communications (oral and written) skills; fluent in English language
* Three to five years of related logistics’ or other relevant experience
* Previous warehouse management or supervisory experience
* Assembly, manufacturing and/or planning experience
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity, excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Unposting Date - Nov 10, 2013, 12:59:00 PM
Primary Location - Indonesia-Riau-Batam-BATAM01-Batam, Indonesia
Job - Logistics
Closing date: 10/11/13
Credit to : Caterpillar